The first time you burn your Mom and Me Soy Candle, make sure you burn it long enough that the soy wax melts all the way to the edge of the container before putting the candle out. This will prevent your candle from “tunneling” down the center.
If you notice that your wick has formed a “ball” at the top after burning, you can trim it with a scissor before you light it again. We recommend waiting until your candle cools completely and the wax has re-hardened, or wait until just before you light it the next time.
Any spilled wax can be cleaned with hot, soapy water.
It is normal to have some wax left at the bottom of your jar. The wicks are designed to NOT burn all the way to the bottom of the jar to prevent the bottom from getting to hot and potentially cracking or burning the surface your candle is sitting on.
This is a natural wax candle. Place on a safe, heat resistance surface. Keep wick trimmed to ¼”; remove trimmings from your candle. Keep wick centered for an even melt pool. Keep out of drafts and also out of reach of children and pets. Do not move while burning or if wax is hot. Discontinue use when ¼” of wax remains. Never leave a burning candle unattended! Failure to follow instructions could result in a fire hazard or injury.
The glass jar that your Mom and Me Soy Candle comes in is completely reusable. As mentioned above, it is normal to have some of wax left when your candle is done and you can’t light the wick anymore. Then, simply pop the wick and wick sticker out with a fork and run hot water in the candle jar until the remaining wax is gone (If you have a wax tart melter, you can scoop the dried wax out and melt it in your melter). Wipe your jar out with a paper towel or a rag and it is ready to re-use!